FERRANTE’S POUND CAKE WITH ICE WINE RICOTTA CREAM
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream (divided 1 cup, plus 1 cup)
• 2 tsp vanilla (divided 1 tsp, plus 1 tsp)
• ¼ tsp cream of tarter
• 2½ cups powdered sugar (divided 1 cup, plus 1½ cups)
• 1 ½ lbs ricotta cheese (artisan variety, see note)
• 3 tablespoons Ferrante’s Vidal Blanc Ice Wine
1.) In a medium size bowl, combine 1 cup heavy cream with 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter,
1 cup powdered sugar and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2.) In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients 1 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, all ricotta, and 3 tablespoons Ferrante’s Vidal Blanc Ice Wine
3.) Combine both mixtures together
Serve with your Favorite Pound Cake!
Enjoy with a glass of Ferrante’s Vidal Blanc Ice Wine!
Note: Use high quality ricotta cheese that is not watery or grainy. Some supermarket variety cannot be used unless it is dried out (drain over cheese cloth in refrigerator overnight or up to 1 day). For example, ricotta is thick enough if it sticks to the spoon when the spoon is inverted and does not drop off.